Come Join Our Team
We are always looking for talented people who are looking to do meaningful work.
We are looking for curious, passionate, and hard-working individuals who want to be part of the global move towards softer and safer chemistries in agriculture. We have a world-class team in research, science, production engineering, product development, sales, marketing, and management. We are experiencing explosive growth in an industry that is growing by double digits year over year. Renewable, sustainable, and responsible agriculture is the future.
If you are interested in joining our growing and dynamic team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laboratory Technician – Formulation Specialist
- Bachelor of Science in Botany or Chemistry or related field required, or 2+ years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge of routine laboratory procedures, such as dilution using analytical glassware, making up standard solutions, standard laboratory safety protocols, etc.
Duties, as part of the R&D team:
- Support formulation for a variety of types of products including fertilizers, biostimulants, biopesticides, adjuvants, and organic certified products.
- Familiarity with the chemistry and analytical technologies required for the development of new active ingredients and formulated pesticide products.
- Proven track record of innovative application of existing technologies, to solve analytical challenges.
- Assist with QA/QC, including analytical quantification of Total Organic Carbon (TOC) using a TOC analyzer and various metals (Fe, Zn, Mn, Mg, etc.) using Flame Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS), as well as other analytical equipment, such as a pH meter, balances, UV/Vis spectrophotometer, etc.
- Routine laboratory maintenance: cleaning glassware, data entry, maintaining laboratory chemical inventory, organizing sample retains, etc.
- Necessary skills include time management, multi-tasking, and attention to detail. Working within a team environment is also a required ability, as is an innate desire to be personally productive.
- Present results of any experiments in an electronic format (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Good writer is preferred.
- Effective multi-tasking and problem-solving skills. Good attention to detail and adaptability to change.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse cultural, cross-functional team environment, which includes scientists and non-scientists.
Posted May 19, 2020